On March 4, 2020, we were happy to host our annual general meeting with many new and old faces through whom we had a wonderful night of connection. Indeed, the evening had many highlights:
- The majority of attendees chose to become members of our Society.
- Senaqwila Wyss provided a traditional opening and land acknowledgment.
- We shared the key take aways from 2019 and provided those in attendance copies of our annual report.
- We acknowledged one of our Restorative Response Program co-facilitators, Chrislana, as the volunteer of the year.
- Our new Board members officially joined the team and were introduced and our departing Board members were thanked for their service and dedication.
- Our keynote speaker Angie Mapara-Osachoff, the Regional Manager for Equitas, the International Centre for Human Rights Education, led us through an interactive activity as well as shared about her journey and the sparks that led to work at the intersection of child rights and restorative justice.
- Presto Catering provided tasty appetizers and desserts.
- At the conclusion of the AGM, our new Board team had their first meeting of 2020.
We want to thank all those who attended and particpated - you make our Society possible!