June 13, 2017
NSRJS is looking to hire a Schools Program Facilitator! Please see below for the full job posting (also attached in PDF format).
North Shore Restorative Justice Society (NSRJS) is a non-‐profit society that seeks to develop, promote, and provide restorative approaches to prevent and heal harm caused by conflict and crime. We are looking to expand our team and hire a part-‐time (30 hours/ week) Schools Program Facilitator on a one-‐year contract. This job has the possibility of continuing, depending on funding. As our Schools Program Facilitator, you will be responsible for supporting the Schools Program and facilitating restorative circles in schools across the North Shore.
North Shore Restorative Justice Society seeks to continue to support the long-‐term practice, sustainability and development of restorative approaches. The Schools Program Facilitator will work alongside the Program Coordinator in the planning and co-‐facilitation of weekly restorative circles, assist in raising awareness of restorative approaches in schools, and maintain relationships with teachers and students to support a system of integrated restorative skills, practices and processes in our partner schools.
- Reporting to the Schools Program Manager and keeping her informed of program operations
- Collaborating and co-‐facilitating with the Program Coordinator in weekly restorative classroom circles
- Developing and preparing activities and agendas in keeping with major program themes and objectives
- Initiating and facilitating dialogues on a range of topics including: values, self-‐esteem, bullying, social media, healthy communication, and youth rights
- Attending to administrative duties as required
- Representing the organization at community and volunteer appreciation events and participating in community tables deemed appropriate
- Supporting the Program Coordinator in developing, promoting and facilitating SpeakOut events
- Sitting on NSRJS committees as needed
- Providing support on any of the organization’s fundraising efforts
- Understanding of and experience in the philosophy of Restorative Justice
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong networking and relationship-‐building skills: must have the ability to work cooperatively with staff, volunteers and other community agencies and organizations
- Self-‐directed and comfortable working as part of a team in a collaborative work environment
- Awareness of issues facing children and youth today
- Flexibility in hours, some work weeks may require evenings and weekends
- Second language is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Criminology, Social Work or related field
- Experience working with children and youth, preferably in a school environment
- Commitment to Restorative Justice values, principles and practices
- Experience and success in collaboration and teamwork
- Knowledge and understanding of current social issues, particularly those facing youth and those with multiple barriers
- Use of your own vehicle
- The flexibility required to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Training and experience in Restorative Justice
- Group facilitation experience in circle process
- Familiarity with community services and resources on the North Shore
- Knowledge of child/youth development and key aspects of social emotional learning
- Additional languages to English (fluency in Farsi, Korean or Mandarin would be considered an asset)
Use of your own vehicle is required. All applicants must be able to pass both a criminal record check and an enhanced reliability clearance.
If you have the above-‐mentioned qualifications please submit a cover letter and your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 4pm on Monday, June 26th, 2017. We welcome and appreciate applications from all who are qualified and interested. No phone calls please. Due to the expected interest, NSRJS will be contacting only those who will be invited for an interview.
North Shore Restorative Justice Society is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage the application of all qualified applicants.
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".